27 March 2006

Motion Sick Right Before Lunch

Just in case it slipped past your radar, there was a minor geological event at 11:50, right before lunch. I toyed with titling this update using the word "Earthquake", but I didn't want to alarm anyone.

The epicenter was off the east coast of Kyushu and measured about a 5.3; Oita seems to have had the biggest shaking, but no damage or injuries have been reported (that I've been able to see). Down here in the somewhat north end of Kagoshima, I would wager it was near an even two. Didn't hear anything or really notice any shaking. At ten minutes to noon, as I was contemplating my lunch options, I suddenly felt a little queasy. The supervisor in the department next to mine looked in my direction and asked if we were having an earthquake. We looked around and saw a few small signs of shaking - phone cords swaying a little bit, department signs swinging a little from their chains, but nothing to worry about.

So, there you have it. My first workplace earthquake. Woah.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt it. exciting stuff for Kagoshima...

01 April, 2006 22:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home