17 January 2006

Say Hello to the New Toy


New Toy: iRiver H10
Originally uploaded by gogakuhei.
I got a new toy this Sunday: An MP3 player! (Please note: This is not an iPod.)

I found an iRiver H10 5GB MP3 player for a nice price at a nearby Yamada Denki. Of the two color choices I had, I went with "Trance Red". (Well, since I bought it in Japan, I guess it's not "Trance Red" but "Deep Red".) For once I'm one of the last kids on the block to get with the latest technology. Five gigabytes works out to something like 80 hours of music, or 1,300 songs. That's enough to keep me entertained for a couple weeks... I hope.

The color screen is an interesting touch. It can display pictures, provided there are pictures on the device to display. Since I was able to fill the five gigs with music in one short sitting, there are no photos for now. I guess I should dump a song or two so I can carry some pretty pictures with me. It can display text, as well, so I should start carrying around an e-book or two. Maybe shopping lists or something.

"What's that on your MP3 player?"

"Uh... some Creedence, some Vivaldi, pictures from vacation, a little Shakespeare... and my checklist for world domination."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your new toy, if I didn't already have ipod mini, I'd get that one too :)

06 February, 2006 15:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home