17 June 2008

Tokyo Milk Bar


Milk Bar
Originally uploaded by gogakuhei
In Tokyo, ever on the cutting edge of things modern and even postmodern, you expect to find all sorts of stuff... but when I saw this on my walk to work yesterday morning, it made me blink. I found myself picturing the inside of the milk bar from A Clockwork Orange, and wondering if this would be anything like that.

I took a closer look today. Instead of a bunch of intense youth in bowler hats, I found a restaurant that serves ice cream and various dishes from and relating to Hokkaido, Japan's northernmost major island. Hokkaido is well known for dairy, beef, seafood, and various produce, so "milk" often carries connotations of Hokkaido.

That said, there's a Cold Stone Creamery just down the block. I think I'll hit there before I gooly down and govoreet me some nadsat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home