12 October 2005

News Quiz

Read the following quotation, then choose one answer below.

"What this man who grew up in wealth and privilege considers good for [the poor] is that they become killers and [bombers]. He assures them that this is the road to paradise - though he never offers to go along for the ride."

This is...
A) George Bush talking about Osama Bin Laden
B) Osama Bin Laden talking about George Bush

Maybe it's me, but it really could be read either way.

(Taken from The Guardian, 7 October 2005.)

I spent some time this afternoon reading a little news, and revisited some memories from my time in Iraq. I suppose it could be the current media portrayl, but it really seems like things are getting a little better over there, day by day. Hopefully it won't be too many more years before Iraq will be able to stand on their own, regardless of the internal strife or nearly 2000 years of religious conflict.

Not that I want to be political here -- this is supposed to be about my time in Japan -- but man, what a mess.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go back to that part after "regardless," I think that part is going to have to be regarded, unfortunately.

16 October, 2005 08:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home