02 September 2008

Genever


Genever
Originally uploaded by gogakuhei
Wandering around this evening, I found a 業務スパー (ぎょうむスパー, or gyoumusupaa) store not far from the station. It's basically close to a restaurant supply store -- think "Smart & Final" -- with plenty of things for cheap in bulk or near bulk sizes.

This place, however, also has a couple kickin' alcohol sections. The Japanese stuff (sake, shochu, awamori, and ume shuu) is on the first floor. The food goods and Western alcohol is on the second floor. There was a lot of good to be found in both alcohol sections; this is one of the shots I snuck from the Western section upstairs.

These are four bottles of genever. If my short-term memory still serves me, this could be something like the Dutch predecessor to our Gin of today. I'm going to have to get some of this. I wonder how it's different from gin.

Also, I wish I could have taken pictures of the whisky/ey section. It was beautiful. I have another pic I'll have to post soon, that's also from this store, but it's more about fairies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Amber said...

This stuff is different from Gin as we know it, and it is so freakin good. Had a lot of it in Amsterdam. Especially the fruity kind. So delish. I hope you went out and got some.

Dying at the Kit Kats, dude. Wow.

31 October, 2009 11:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home