20 August 2005

"Penguins are so sensitive to my needs..."

There are penguins on my house phone that engage in bubble-filled dialogue when I'm on the line. Ah, Japan.

On a related note, I now have internet access at home. My Vonage connection works BEAUTIFULLY. If anyone wants to call me on what used to be my cell phone number, it will ring here in Japan. Just... watch what time you're calling. I'm 16 hours ahead of California, so your days are very often my nights. A good site for figuring out what time it is here and there: www.timeanddate.com

(The quotation in the title is by Lyle Lovett. No, I don't have it bad for penguins.)

3 Comments:

Blogger the grocer's daughter said...

OMG That's absolutely adorable.

20 August, 2005 11:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found it. You should volunteer to translate the entire site to English. For your own practice. I dropped this site into my links, so you can't let up.

20 August, 2005 15:33  
Blogger Dehn said...

I may wind up working on the town's page in the future. I've already had one translation request from the Kirishima Open Air Museum. I'll link to my work when it goes up. Looking at the rest of their page, I might offer to help them... ah... tighten up their English a bit. I think they might appreciate the offer. (grin)

22 August, 2005 01:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home